Peptides vs Synthetic Growth Hormone in Bodybuilding
Peptides (Greek πεπτος - nutritious) is a family of substances whose molecules are built from the residues of α-amino acids, connected in a chain by peptide (amide) bonds. These are natural or synthetic compounds containing tens, hundreds or thousands of monomeric units - amino acids.
This class is very diverse and performs a variety of regulatory functions in body. In this article, we consider only those growth peptides that are used in bodybuilding.
Kinds of Peptides for Muscle Growth
Currently, more and more peptides are found on the market, which are stimulants of growth hormone releasing (GH). The most popular peptides in bodybuilding are:
- - Ghrelin group (GHRP): (create a pronounced peak of GH concentration immediately after taking, regardless of the time of the day and the presence of somatostatin in blood.)
- - GHRP-6 and Hexarelin
- - GHRP-2
- - Ipamorelin
- - Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone (GHRH) group: (after taking it causes a wave-like rise concentration, which will be weak in the hours when natural GH secretion is reduced due to somatostatin, and high during the natural rise in GH concentration (for example, at night). In other words, GHRH reinforces secretion of GH, without disturbing the natural pulsed curve.)
- - GRF (1-29) Sermorelin
- - CJC-1295
- - HGH Frag (176-191) - a fragment of growth hormone (fat burner)
What are the Benefits for Bodybuilding?
Many people have question, why buy peptides if synthetic growth hormone is already available? The answer is simple: peptide stimulants have several significant advantages:
- - Peptides are much cheaper than pure growth hormone. The cost of a similar course will be several times lower.
- - Various mechanisms of action and half-lives can manipulate the concentration curve, achieving an optimal anabolic response.
- - Different effects on hunger and metabolism, allows to give preference to one or another substance.
- - At the moment, the production and distribution of peptides is not regulated by law, so they are safe and can be ordered online.
- - Quickly and without a trace are destroyed, so you may not be afraid of doping control.
Peptides, as well as classical GH, can be easily verified for authenticity. For this, it is enough to pass the tests for the level of somatotropin in the plasma after the administration of the drug.
The Combination and Compatibility of Peptides
What Scientists are Saying about Peptides and Human Growth Hormone Increase?
Studies have shown that Growth Hormone Releasing Peptides (GHRP), as well as other nonpeptidic substances that increase secretion, really affect the production of growth hormone.
These observations served as the basis for the making of supplements - growth hormone releasers like Sytropin (for example: amino acids, pituitary peptides, Macuna pruriens, horse beans, choline alfoscerate or L-Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine etc.).
Nowadays, there is evidence that peptides-stimulators of growth hormone secretion and some substances of a non-peptidic nature can increase the level of growth hormones, as well as an insulin-like factor rowth (IGF-1), both at rest and during exercise. However, there was no increase of dry muscle mass noted (yet, this study was conducted among men and women over 60 only).
How to Prepare Peptides, Store and Administer Properly?
A peptide solution, prepared with bacteriostatic water (water for injection with benzyl alcohol added), remains stable on average 2-5 days longer than the solution with ordinary water for injection. Virtually all laboratories are using as a solvent bacteriostatic water.
The lyophilized powder should be stored in a dark dry place at a temperature of about 4 ° C – if we are talking about a short (1-2 months) period of time. At a temperature of minus 18-20 ° C, the powder can be store up to several years.
Tightness and light
Light can destroy the powder, as well as oxygen, although the effect of the latter is not so harmful. In any case, do not break the tightness of the package - the air that gets inside will slowly lead to the destruction of the peptide.
"The resulting solution can be frozen once (no more), but only if its pH exceeds 8. That is, only one that is prepared with the help of saline solution.
Store the solution best at a temperature of about 2-4 ° C - 8 ° C at the most.
Preparation of the solution
Before preparing the solution, the temperature of the vial should be brought to room temperature. Avoid direct exposure of the solvent to the powder - the solvent must flow down the vial wall.
It is not recommended to shake the vial to accelerate dissolution. You can swing it with slow movements from side to side, but it is best to put the bottle in the refrigerator - after a while the whole powder will dissolve.
The peptides administration is carried out by standard techniques: subcutaneously or by intramuscular injections.
How to use GHRP + CJC?
- Divide the peptides Ghrp + Cjc with ordinary water for injection (2ml for each vial). We get Ghrp = 5mg = 5000 mcg and cjc = 2mg = 2000 mkg, in vials.
- Do not forget to store the Ghrp and cjc solutions after dilution in refrigerator at a temperature of +2 to +8 degrees.
- Before use, the rubber cap and the site of the injection must be disinfected with alcohol. Forbidden to mix peptides in vials.
How to Administer Correctly GHRP + CJC?
- Calculation of the approximate weight of 75 - 85 kg (for convenience we use an insulin syringe for 100 units).
- Approximate course is for 8 weeks. However, take the first time not the full volume: 5 bottles of Ghrp, and 10 bottles of CJC. Here we pursue 2 goals, economic feasibility, while tracking the results. Perhaps it will be enough and you can buy the rest later if needed.
- In one unit of the insulin syringe, the solution of Ghrp will be 25 µg, and Cjc will be 10 µg.
- At a weight of 75 - 85 kg in Ghrp we take 300 mcg/day and Cjc - 240mcg/day.
- Divide the dosage into two doses (morning and evening) of Ghrp at 150 μg and Cjc at 120 μg.
- Administer peptides in the abdomen, at an angle of 45 degrees.